Vegan Christmas Bread Recipe (Julvört) Recipe
Yield 1 loaf
- 25 grams of Cashews (Soaked)
- 1/2 bag of Yeast
- 1 Cup of Stout (Could also be called Porter)
- 0,5 tablespoon of Gingerbread spices
- 1 1/2 cup of Rye flour
- 20 grams of Liquid Honey (Use dark heather honey (colluna)).
- 0,5 teaspoons of Salt
- 1/5 Rasins
- 1 tablespoons Flaxseeds
- 4/5 cup of Spelt flour
- 2/5 cup of Soy flour
- 2/5 cup of Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of Honey (for the honey water that you brush the loaf with)
- Soak the cashews for 6-12 hours preferably overnight.
- Mix the cashews in a medium size bowl until it has a butter concistency. Pour in the stout and mix it together.
- In another bowl you mix dry yeast, gingerbread spices, salt, rye flour and the flaxseeds.
- Pour the beer mixture and give it a good stir.
- Ad the raisins.
- In another bowl you mix the spelt, soy and almond flour together.
- Pour over the flour mixture into the original mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Ad some spelt flour on a table and put some onto your hands and start to knead the bread. It needs approximately 5 minutes for the gluten to evolve.
- Let it raise for 45 minutes.
- Knead the louf again and shape it on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Let it raise for additional 45 minutes. Put the oven on 200 degrees.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take it out and brush it with the honey water mixture (mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 1/4 cup of water).
- Bake it for additionally 15 minutes but be prepared to ad a aluminium foil to keep the louf from getting burned.
Recipe by Vegetarisk Mat Recept at https://vegetariskmatrecept.se/en/christmas-bread/