When it’s cold outside we find that you need to spice things up! Then this chai smoothie will help. Chai is a a spice blend from India that usually is found in tea. The originally chai blend contains, star anise, fennel seeds and nutmeg. But for our smoothie we wanted something that refreshes and is more of a dessert or snack so we decided to removed those spices. The in-season mandarines lifts this smoothie up to the next level and goes well with the almond, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom and cloves. Try it today when your stomach starts to rumble!
Chai Smoothie – A taste of Christmas
- 3 dl Almond milk
- 2 tablespoon Almond butter
- 1/2 Mandrine
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamon grounded seeds or powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/5 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/5 teaspoon Grounded Clove
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a blender ad almond milk, almond butter, the mandarine and the spices (ground in a mortar if needed).
- Serve with fresh pomegranate seeds