This recipe is originally from the blog Acouplecooks by the couple Sonja and Alex. We have been following this blog for a long time and get a lot inspiration from them, if you like good wholesome vegetarian food check ’em out today!
Their version of the roasted brussels sprouts is with pecans and pecorino. But as we live in Paris we have the opportunity to use amazing chevré from the local fromageri (cheese shop) and walnuts is also easier to find here in France than pecans. This is an easy way to make the healthy brussels sprouts crispy and tasty. We will serve this dish at christmas, it’s so delicious!
Chevré Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Walnuts & Beans
- 1 kg Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of white Beans
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- 50 grams Chevré (Goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 430°F/200°C.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts off of the stalk and cut off any hard ends, then cut each in half. In a bowl, mix them with ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring or shaking the pan occasionally.
- When the Brussels sprouts are done, top with Chevré and add the beans and the walnuts. Roast 5-10 minutes until the cheese gets burned and serve immediately.