Have you ever tried roasted carrots?
If you haven’t you’re in for a treat!
To get the perfectly sweet and creamy carrots the trick is to roast them in the oven on low temperature (150°C, 300 F) for a long time (at least 2 hours).
Chevré is a french name of goat cheese and it goes great together with the acidty from the orange and the sweetness from the carrots. Carrots and oranges are in season now during the winter here in europe. So now is the perfect time to try this orange carrot salad!
Carrot Salad with chevré, oranges & sunflower seeds
Roasted Carrot Salad with Oranges, Goat Cheese & Sunflower Seeds.
- 100 grams Carrots
- 50 grams Goat Cheese
- 1 Medium size Orange
- 1 tbls Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbls Cooking Oil
- Turn the oven to 150 300F.
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Chop them so that they are the same size.
- Put the carrots on a baking tray and pour the oil over them.
- Massage the oil so that all of the get some oil.
- Put the timer on 2 hours.
- Slice the orange and goat cheese.
- When the carrots are done assemble the salad and top it with sunflower seeds