Did you know that plain white rice is one of the biggest environmental thugs out there? Rice production uses a lot of water in the process to make rice. The bad part is that 1/3 of the worlds population get their daily caloric intake from rice (China, India, Bangladesh). But the worst part it that it’s not even healthy for you! Processed goods like wheat, rice and sugar is best to stay away from if you want to live a longer life.
Enter out Cauliflower rice recipe: It’s easy to do, it’s delicious and nutritious!
Just grate the cauliflower into small cauliflower bits cook it in water for 2-3 minutes and enjoy. We usually put some vegetable broth in the cooking water to get the some nice flavor. This is our favorite cauliflower rice recipe, served with coconut milk and garlic. But please choose organic and fair-trade coconut milk, to help reduce the amount of chemicals on the rainforest plantations.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe with Coconut & Garlic
- 1 head of Cauliflower Grated
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Milk
- 2 cloves of Garlic (grated
- Cook up some water in the water boiler. Cut away the steams on the cauliflower. Grate it with a grater. Cook the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes. Rinse the water and add the coconut milk, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Serve with pickled onion or carrots (cut 1 onion or 1/2 carrot into thin slices, add a tablespoon lemon/vineger into a bowl let it sit for 10 minutes) .