Healthy Mushroom Soup – Fall Favorite
Mushrooms are a true fall food favorite. They only excists for a few weeks and taste so delicious. Mushrooms also are very ecological since you pic them yourself in the woods (or buy those who others have been picing) and are grown all natural. Did you for example know that mushrooms contains a lot of protein which make them a very good vegetarian option. This healthy mushroom soup taks only 10-15 minutes to make and if you want you can make it totally vegan. It depends on which milk you choose, I think almond milk together with almond cream is wonderful!
Healthy Mushroom soup
Yield 2 servings
- 500 g Mushrooms
- 130 g Onion (two small ones)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 dl of a Milk you like
- 1 cup of Almond cream
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Broth
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Lemon juice
- Green Kale
- Start with the onions and the mushrooms. We are going to chop them into smal peaces and than fry it in a big pot together with the oil for 5 minutes. Than add the water with the broth in it, the milk and the thyme and let it cook for around 5 minutes.
- Than add 1 tablespoon of lemonjuice and the almond cream. Taste of with salt and you're finished!
- If you want a little spicy snacks you'll just add lovely new popped popcorn. Heat a pot with oil and popcorn and wait till it starts to pop.
Kcal: 231 Protein: 11,8 Fat (saturated 1 g): 8,7 Carbohydrates: 24
Diet: Vegan, vegetarian
Free from: Refined sugar, fast carbohydrates, wheat, gluten, diary products (optional)
Eco-friendly perspective: Mushrooms and onion in season and organic choises