Healthy Vegan Applecake,
with lime and cinnamon and a crispy texture that is impossible to get enough of. Sugar free, sweetened with dates.
Sweet applecake, we can never get enough of you!
This special day when we not only woke up to snowstorm in November (yes we are vikings in this country) in addition to that we woke up to an uncertain world with a newly elected president. How bad it may seem, we think the most important thing now is to believe in the world’s goodness.
There are infinitely more good things in this world, give them attention and focus they deserve.
So to help the good ideas along the way, we think you should bake you and your near ones a good and healthy Apple cake. We promise that it is Delicious. Premiere tasting took place yesterday when the entire board of our tenant acted as jury. Nothing but good rating makes us proud to post this recipe.
Healthy Vegan Applecake sweetned with dates
- 90 g dates, pitted
- 125 g of rapeseed oil
- peel from 1/4 organic limes
- organic juice from 1/4 lime
- 1,25 cups spelt flour
- 0.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 apples
- Start to heat up the oven to 175 degrees Celsius 300 degrees Farenheit, preferably warm air
- Mix the pitted dates with oil with a handblender or mixer.
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a bowl
- Stir together dry ingredients with the date ingredients to a fine batter
- Spread out in the desired shape, fits just as well in a round as a rectangular form
- Cut the fine apple slices and garnish
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool 15 minutes before served