Finally, it’s here! One of our most valued creations have now become an awaited recipe, with video and everything. Sourdough cinnamon rolls! It was when we opened our health cafe that we understood how sought out a little healthier and vegan cinnamon bun really are. It’s not for nothing we have an “Cinnamon Bun Day” here in Sweden, we just love our cinnamon buns.
But when we tried to be more and more healthy we were forced to abandon the baked good but many of us e still yearn in secret. And the more difficult it becomes when it’s next to impossible to avoid the smell that spreads on city streets from bakeries and cafes, yes even gas stations offer their dose of temptation.
Vegan cinnamon Buns – The solution
Relax, we’ve got the solution, it is time to put an end to your unhealthy cinnamon bun-cravings. Our favorite vegan cinnamon bun recipe contains sourdough, nutritious dates instead of empty calories from refined sugar. And the taste is so rich and full with spelt flour. All in one and completely amazing.
These vegan cinnamon buns has certainly become a favorite with our followers and you have craved the recipe. But now the recipe is here. So hurry to get a fine package of spelt flour, some juicy eco-dates and a sourdough and start baking!
Vegan Cinnamon Buns made Healthy with Dates & Sourdough
- 200 g sourdough
- 10 g Yeast
- 350 g Water
- 50 g Dates
- 400 g Spelt flour
- 10 g Cardamom
- 150 g Spelt Flour
- 5 g Salt
- 50 g Rapeseed oil
- 200 g Dates
- 50 g Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- Begin with the dates. Easiest and fastest way to remove the seed is with your fingers. Put the dates in a large bowl and mix with a hand blender (or in a blender), add the water.
- Then add the sourdough. We usually use our own, it is so easy to do but if you are in a hurry and can not be bothered to wait five days, you can use pre-purchased sourdough.
- Crumble in the yeast and stir evenly and finely.
- Sprinkle in the spelt flour and mix thoroughly.
- Time for dough 2. Stir in the cardamom and salt thoroughly, then add all the flour and work together.
- Finish by pouring oil over the dough then work the dough.
- Let it rise for 10 hours or more in the kitchen. Sadly, yes, we know! But it will be worth it tomorrow. Have patience.
- It's easy peasy. Deseed the dates and mix all the ingredients to a nice filling worthy of a cinnamon bun.
To see how we roll the buns check out the movie below, it's in Swedish but with english subtitles: