Seeing the words: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte you instantly think of those craving campaigns from Starbucks thats on offer this time of year. A beautiful cup in autumn colors and a fluffy cinnamon powdered creamy top.
In the beginning I (Lisa) thought that it was pumpkin flavor on the latte but I later found out that it was not the case. In the United States they flavor their pumpkin recipes with a pumpkin spice mix. It usually consists of a large amount of cinnamon and smaller amounts of ginger, cloves and nutmeg (!).
The smooth good taste, thats what we crave. So I tried myself to make my own version of the hot beverage that are both vegan, naturally sweeted with dates, and kind to the immune system.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup of Oat milk
- 3 dates
- 3 pinches cinnamon
- 2 pinches of ginger
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp turmeric (optional, anti-inflammatory)
- 0.5 tsp black pepper (optional, anti-inflammatory)
- + Whipped Soy cream
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and whisk the soy cream.
- The deseed the dates and add them together with the spices with the milk in the saucepan. Mix with a hand blender.
- Pour the mixture in a cup and top with whipped soy cream and cinnamon powder.