Vegetarian Pasties – Gluten Free
Missing that lovely crust of a fresh baked pasty? Now, you don’t have to miss it anymore! We have created a naturally gluten free vegetarian crusty pasty recipe that will fit perfectly with al kinds of fillings. It is actually much easier to make than usual pasty dough and also easier to tuck. It is made with meal of rice and almonds and it is vegetarian too. Spinach, onion and kale together with the feta cheese it’s just lovely. If you want to make it vegan there are great substitutes to the cheese, just google vegan cheese and you will find it. So swing the ingredients together and let’s make some lovely vegetarian pasties!
Gluten free Vegetarian Pasties with Spinach and Feta cheese
- 20 g Yeast
- 350 g Water
- 150 g Rice meal
- 50 g Corn meal
- 150 g Almond meal
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 50 g Vegetable oil of choice
- 10 g Psyllium seed husk
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 300 g Spinach frozen, it you use fresh, you only need 100-200 g
- 100 g Feta cheese
- 100 g White beans I used cannellini beans
- Oil for frying
The pasty dough
- Crumble the yeast and dissolve it in the water in a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, whisk it together and let the dough rest for 2 hours covered with plastic wrap.
- Heat a pan and add some oil. Now chop the onion and the garlic and put it in the pan.
- Let it fry for a couple of minutes so that the onion get's translucent but not burned.
- Add the spinach and stir it together.
- Chop the cheese into smaller pieces and ad it to the pan together with the beans.
- Season the filling with salt and pepper.
Roll the dough
- Heat the oven to 200 celsius/392 farenheit.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 smaller pieces.
- Grab a roller and form a thin circle of each of the dough pieces. Put on some filling and close the pasty.
- Brush the pasties with some egg if you like and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!