Vegan Bean Pattis with Redbeet & Chickpea Wrap
Yield 6 servings
Wraps (8 pcs) - Chickpea pancakes with red beet juice
- 1 dl Redbeet juice (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
Beans (12 pcs)
- 2 cans of mixed Beans (or just black beans) rinsed
- 1 yellow Onion
- 100 g Broccoli
- 3/4 cups of Wheat Sprouts
- 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 large Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Tahini
- 1 teaspoon of Chiliflakes
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- Mix the juice, water and salt in a bowl. Then whisk while adding the chickpea flour, so that the lumps are removed. Finish of by adding the garlic powder.
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add a thin layer of cooking oil. Pour and fry the batter (reach 8 ounces) and twist the frying pan so that the pancake get's spread evenly.
- Start by mixing the beans in a large bowl with a hand blender. Chop the broccoli into smal pieces, grate the onion, squeeze the garlic cloves and then add all the other ingredients ito the bean mixture. Stir together thoroughly with a spoon.
- Measure the patties to 60 g and shape them into patties/burgers with oily hands. Heat the frying pan to medium heat and add some cooking oil. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the patties in a redbeet wrap with some fresh lettuce and vegan mayo.
Recipe by Vegetarisk Mat Recept at https://vegetariskmatrecept.se/en/bean-patties/