Spelt Focaccia Bread Recipe
Have you tried baking with Spelt flour instead of plain wheat flour? Spelt flour is a less cultivated grain thus is filled with more vitamins and nutrients than traditional plain wheat flour. The end result: A Simple, tasty and a nutritious Spelt Focaccia Bread Recipe. A tip when cooking or baking recipes with few ingredients is to choose the best ingredients that you can find. In this recipe, we used organic stone ground spelt flour from the mill, good olive oil, sea salt, organic cherry tomatoes and home-grown basil. That’s when the end result becomes extraordinary!
Simple & Luxurious Spelt Focaccia Bread Recipe topped with cherry tomatoes & basil
- 25 g 1/2 packet of yeast
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/5 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp flaked / sea salt
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful basil leaves
- sea salt and olive oil
- Whisk the yeast with water, olive oil, maple syrup and sea salt in a bowl.
- Add the spelt flour a little at a time and work to form a dough, and kneading it for about 5 minutes. Do not add more flour, the dough should be sticky.
- Prover dough to double in size in a bowl covered with a tea towel, for about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees celsisus/485 Farenheit.
- Pour the dough out onto a floured surface, knead it slightly and place on an oiled baking sheet with a little sea salt in the bottom.
- Flatten the dough until it is about 1-2 cm thick and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Put your fingers in the dough so that it formes a lot of holes, drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Sprinkle with tomatoes and basil and push the whole tomatoes and basil leaves in the dough.
- Bake the bread in middle of oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. YUM!