Vegan Banana Bread
Wow it’s the 23 of February, a sweet and yellow day! Because it’s the National Banana Bread day! So make use of those “old” ripe bananas you have left or buy some from the supermarket, a great way to avoid discarding food. This bread is quick (baked with baking powder), sweet (without added sugar) and easy to make healthy (ad other flours than wheat). Today you can bake your own Vegan Banana Bread filled with lot’s of healthy stuff. To make it vegan we created a vegan egg made of chia mixed with water to get a nice texture.
Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan egg
- 3 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 6 Dates
- 1/2 cup Mixed oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Plant cream oat, soy, almond cream
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat
- Sprinkle with walnuts oats and bee pollen.
- Start by making the vegan egg in a jar with a lid so you can give it a nice shake. This will reduce the waiting time for the seeds to expand to only a few minutes.
- Take a large bowl and mix the bananas and dates. Add the oats, baking powder, plant cream, almond flour, buckwheat. Add the vegan egg if the chia seeds have turned into a gel otherwise wait for a few more minutes.
- Put the oven on 175ºC/347.00ºF. Give the dough a nice stir and add into a bread pan coated with a baking sheet. Bake the banan bread for 15-20 minutes. Serve with a nice nut butter.