Our Vegetarian Ramen Recipe
Do you want a vegan ramen recipe, fry some mushrooms or tofu, and substitute the egg.
We came up with this recipes as we usually do. It involves that I (Erik) made an inventory of the refrigerator. Kale, wax beans, red onion, cabbage, ginger we should be able to cook something with these ingredients. Hmm … would be fun to see if it turns out into a nice ramen recipe!
We like to first cook with what we have at home, usually you a lot of food that you could throw together into a nice recipe. It saves time, money and the environment if you leave the car and improvise. With condiments such as onions, soy sauce, broth, puree, spices and base in the form of carbohydrates (wheat, barley, noodles) and proteins, eggs, beans, lentils, cheese, tofu and our savior, canned crushed tomatoes, you can throw together a tasty and filling dish, with what you have laying around in the fridge. This recipe is a good way to start your new way of cooking. The base are garlic, ginger, vegetable broth, soy sauce and noodles. The rest is up to what’s in your refrigerator.
Vegetarian Ramen Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger with peel left
- 2000 grams of vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce we used tamari
- 1 package ramen noodles available in well-stocked grocery stores or else it works with glass noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs fried or soft-boiled
- 100 grams of green kale
- 100 grams of wax beans
- 50 grams of white cabbage
- Chiliflakes for garnish
- Red onions for garnish
- Crush the garlic cloves in a mortar and cut ginger into large pieces keep the skin as much of the flavor is there. Fry in a deep saucepan until lightly browned. Pour in the vegetable broth and soy sauce and cook without a lid over medium heat for at least 1 hour. When it boils you remove the ginger and garlic.
- When the broth is ready, fry the green kale and wax beans in a frying pan with oil and salt until they get a nice color. Finely chop the white cabbage and red onion. Fry or boil the egg.
- Pour noodles into the broth and cook until done.
- Pour into bowls and pour over the kale, cabbage, beans, egg and garnish with chiliflakes and red onions.
This vegetarian ramen recipe is your friend on a chilly fall day. You can find more vegetarian recipes here: Vegetarian Recipes